On all our hikes, the safety of clients and accompanying staff remains our number one priority, and we have effected the following COVID-19 measures to reflect this.
Numbers– During this period we have reduced the number of clients we can take on each camp. We will keep you updated on the latest developments in regards to our maximum numbers.
Homestead visits and community interaction- We have put all plans for home visits and close interaction with the community until further notice.
Before the Hike
- Participants and staff should monitor their health in the lead up to their expedition and should not take part if they have any symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Mwaba Mwila Adventures should be notified, as soon as you know you will not be coming, and we will make other arrangements for your hike.
- You will need to confirm to us that you have not had any symptoms of COVID-19 in the previous 14 days before you can join the expedition: nor anyone in your household.
- Should anyone develop symptoms during the expedition, they must notify the team leader.
- You should travel to the expedition ideally by car with your own family only as a preference; or if using a bus or public transport please follow government advice about using public transport and face coverings.
The Expedition– A 1m distance should be maintained wherever possible from other participants and staff. Where this is not possible wearing of face coverings should be observed. (bandanas/buffs are acceptable).
Hand Sanitizer– It is mandatory for each participant to bring with them their own pocket-sized hand sanitizer. We will keep plenty of reserves to refill these. Please use the sanitizer as frequently as possible.
Tents– Participants are encouraged to bring their own tent from home. Where this is not possible, participants will each be issued with an individual tent (we need to be informed beforehand). The only people permitted to share would be members of the same household.
Quarantine of group equipment – All equipment provided by Mwaba Mwila Adventures will be quarantined for 72 hours between expeditions.