Join us on an exploration along the scenic Kafue River. The Naboye Trail gives hikers the chance to explore breathtaking views, cultural heritage as well as positively impact rural communities through domestic tourism.
The 5 hour, 13km trail starts and finishes near the banks of the mighty Kafue River. Along the trail, explorers will encounter a beautiful rock pool along the Muchito stream. The pool is called Naboye, and is a place where in times of drought the locals appease the spirits of the ancestors with the hope of receiving rain.
Basic Tour Info
Tour Name: Kafue River Day Hike (Naboye Trail)
Location: Kafue Town
Distance: 13 km
Duration: 6 hrs
Terrain: Mostly flat, with a few river crossings and a few small hills.
06: 45 Meet at East Park Mall
07: 00 Transfer from East Park Mall.
08: 00 Meet Self-Drivers at Kafue River Mall.
09:00 Arrive at Shachinyama Village
Briefing, registration & collection of packed lunch
10:00 Hike Begins.
Eat lunch en-route.
15:00 (Approx) Hike ends Debrief and goodbyes.
**Day Hikers Bus transfer to Lusaka**
18:00 Hikers arrive at East Park Mall
**End of Program**
Option 1 : Self – Drive
(High Clearance Vehicles Only!)
- Price Inclusive of, guided hiking tour
- & 1 packed lunch.
Option 2 : All Inclusive
- Price Inclusive of transport, guided hiking tour,
- & 1 packed lunch.
T’s & C’s Day Hikes & Overnight Camps
Booking & Deposit
· Initial booking is done via the registration form accessed via the Adventure Calendar on our website.
· Your booking is only confirmed once payment has been made.
· Confirmation must be made 7 days before the adventure.
All Payments are made via our website. We accept Bank Transfers, Bank Cards, Airtel Money, MTN Money and Zamtel Money.
· All cancellations must be in writing and emailed to email@example.com
· 28 days before the tour = full refund or transfer of an Adventure at the same cost within three months (subject to availability).
· 14-27 days, = 50% or a transfer to another adventure at same cost within three months (subject to availability).
· 8-13 days you are eligible for a 25% refund.
· 7 days or less, your trip is non-refundable unless we cancel a trip due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances in which we will give you as much notice as possible.
*Prices & Itineraries are subject to change without prior notice.